Thrifting Books

I can't stop shopping for books. You know I can't enter a thrift store and not come out with books. Yesterday I bought a couple and today I bought a few more. Here are the books that just had to come home with me this weekend:

Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad #1) by David Eddings - I've wanted to read this series since forever.

Dove and Sword: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Nancy Garden - a YA historical fiction which looks very good.

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry - another I've wanted to read for a very long time. I love westerns but don't seem to read many and this is a Pullitzer winner so I could read this for the book award challenge.

The Guardians by John Christopher - I've read most of Christopher's books and usually never see one at the thrift stores that I haven't read, so was tickled to find this one and it sounds very good, a dystopia type of story.

The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula by Roderick Anscombe - never heard of it but I'm willing to try any Vampire book that looks good.

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - Once I started reading the inside flap on this one I knew I had to get it. A historical fiction take on a true Canadian murder during Victorian times.

The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux - I read Riding the Iron Rooster when I was a teenager and was captivated with it and thought I'd give another of his a whirl.

Daughter of Witches by Patricia C. Wrede - another fantasy author I've never read but always wanted to.

Comments

Popular Posts