#51. New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
second in the Twilight series

Pages: 563
Finished: Aug. 4, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series
First Published: 2006
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.



Recommend: Yes. A stunning sequel to Twilight. This book is even better than the first, which is often not the case with sequels. I still don't like the character of Bella but the angry language that riddled the first novel is much less frequent this time around. The story was amazing, page-turning. We are introduced to the werewolves and my favourite character of this series, Jacob, whom we met briefly in last novel. The mythos the author has created for her vampires and werewolves is unique and compelling. I can't wait to read the next book, Eclipse, due out this month.

Comments

Popular Posts