#52. Monday Mourning

Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs
Seventh in the Temperance Brennan series

Pages: 303
Finished: Aug. 7, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series
First Published: 2004
Rating: 5/5

First Sentence:

"As the tune played inside my head, gunfire exploded in the cramped underground space around me."


Recommend: Yes. This seventh entry in the Temperance Brennan series is just as good as expected. I won't give anything away, but this case quite made my heart pound as it somewhat resembled a true case which happened very close to where I live and that very same case was even mentioned in the text! Truly gruesome and page-turning, especially the last 50 pages, just as I expect when I read Kathy Reichs.

I'm in a bit of a quandary now. There are two books left in this series for me to read and a new one coming out this month. That makes me feel a bit sad knowing there are only three left to read until I have caught up with the author. So, I think I'm going to take a break from reading the rest for the moment and savour the fact that I still have three unread books ahead of me. Of course, I'm off to the library this afternoon and you never know I may not be able to hold back from picking up the next installment.

Comments

Popular Posts