#87. The House at Pooh Corner

The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne
Sequel to Winnie-the-Pooh


Pages: 181
Finished: Oct. 2, 2007
Reason for Reading: read aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1928
Genre: children's classic, fantasy
Rating: 5/5

First Sentence:

One day when Pooh Bear had nothing else to do, he thought he would do something, so he went round to Piglet's house to see what Piglet was doing.


Comments: This sequel is just as endearing and beautiful as the first story of Winnie-the-Pooh. This is the book in which we meet Tigger and all the friends we are familiar with are now together. The 7yo enjoyed this tremendously and we experienced many laugh-out-loud moments. The language in the book is simply beautiful. This is a book which demands to be read aloud. Ever since we started reading the Pooh books we've found him becoming a part of our lives. My son likes to make up little songs and now he says he just feels a little 'hummy' like Pooh. The ending is so sweet and I found myself all teary-eyed as I read it. This is a book that will stay with us forever. A must read!

Comments

  1. I don't think that anyone could ever be too old for this book! It's such a wonderful, amazing story (well, stories) set in a world I love to go back to time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Winnie the Pooh!! It's such a beautiful story, and I love the characters so much. Personally, I'm a little partial to Eeyore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Eeyore too! He's so fun to read out loud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts