Library Stack

It's time to take stock of the library books. My pile is getting a bit out of hand. I have books that need to be renewed and too many ILL books that need to be read before they have to be returned.

So here is where we stand with the library books. First up are 4 that didn't make it to the photo shoot.

1) Poppy by Avi - I'm currently reading this to my 7yo. It's an ILL book.

2) Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl - I'm also currently reading this to the 7yo. This is our morning book, and Poppy is our afternoon book.

3) The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle - my dh is currently reading this to the 7yo at bedtime.

4) The Hoboken Chicken Emergency by Daniel Pinkwater - this is waiting in the wings to be read at bedtime next, and will need to be renewed soon.

Now back to the books in the photo, from the top down we have:

5) Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis - I'm currently reading this. It's on the shortlist for the Gov. Gen. Award.

6) Horns and Wrinkles by Joseph Helgerson - I have to renew this is a few days so will be reading it very soon.

7) Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter - Another that needs to be renewed soon.

8) Eye of the Crow: The Boy Sherlock Holmes, His First Case by Shane Peacock - I'll be reading this for the Canadian Book Challenge.

9) The Night Wanderer: A Native Gothic Novel by Drew Hayden Taylor - Another one for the Canadian Book Challenge.

10) Five Mile House by Karen Novak - this has been on my tbr list for a while

11) The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen - another from the tbr list.

12) Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - tbr list strikes again.

13) Gemini Summer by Iain Lawrence - this is on the short list for the Gov. Gen award and an ILL book.

14) Kanada by Eva Wiseman - another from the Gov. Gen shortlist and also an ILL book.

This is the point of library books when I start to get anxious. I love reading library books, especially since I do not have the money to buy new books hardly ever. But I hate having to take them back by a due date, it's so much pressure. So I am going to try and stay away for a couple of weeks and whittle down this stack. Oh, I do have one more book on ILL that hasn't come in yet. Hopefully, I can stay away from the shelves when I go pick it up!

Comments

  1. I have a problem with this too. I just checked out 35 books. Luckily, they're mostly picture books...but still. I don't know when enough is enough apparently.

    By the way, I love Elijah of Buxton. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The Surgeon' is fantastic.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. becky - I am loving it! I may be up late tonight finishing it.

    frogdancer - that's good to know. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My library habit is completely out of control...again! Or maybe I should be honest with myself and say as usual! I have 47 items out on loan at the moment! Need to get reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! 35? ... 47? You're making me feel better about my compartively measley 14. I think if I had theat many books out from the library I'd be hyperventilating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all warm my librarian heart when I hear you've checked out all those books! One statistic that is frequently used to determine how useful a library is to patrons is how many books get checked out. Funding is often based on those numbers. Plus if a book sits on the shelf for a few years, it is likely to be removed to make space for other books that will, it is hoped, circulate more frequently. So the next time you are debating between one book and another - get them both!

    My library has a 50-book limit per card, and I hit that limit all the time, and end up having to use my kids' cards, too. Picture books make up a lot of those books, just like with Becky, but there are an embarrassing number of books in my own reading pile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts