47. Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
Eve Dallas, book 1


Pages: 294
Finished: Mar. 2, 2008
Reason for Reading: I've been meaning to try this series for ages. 1st in a series challenge.
First Published: 1995
Genre: science fiction, mystery, romance
Rating: 4.5/5

First Sentence:

She woke in the dark.


Comments: The year is 2058 and Eve Dallas is a lieutenant in the NYPD investigating a murder of a professional companion. The killer has left a note indicating that this is only the first of six and to make matters worse politics is thrown into the mix as the victim's grandfather and mother are senators.

I've wanted to try this book for some time now but have to admit that knowing this is by Nora Roberts has kept me from giving it a go. I'm not a fan of romance and thought this might be pretty lame as far as the mystery aspect went and too heavy on the romance part. I was in for a big surprise. I absolutely loved this book! The murder was intense, gritty and quite graphic. I did figure it out by the end but not too soon. When the romance part started I was rolling my eyes for the first little bit but I was won over pretty quick as Eve Dallas and Rourke are really compelling characters with many layers. And honestly, how could anyone resist Rourke! I look forward to getting to know both of them more. This was a page turner for me and I can't wait for more. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read these books. Bring on the next book!

Comments

  1. I love the Eve Dallas books - I am up to about book 6 I think - and have not started to get at all bored with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to hear! I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thnk I have read the entire series. Eve is a smart and strong woman with her loveable vulnerabilities. And Rourke!!! I do think the sex is a bit too explicit but I've learned to skip those parts. The mysteries are great and the futuristic technology fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree framed! Can't wait to read more. They must get sexier as they go along, though, 'cause this one was pretty tame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked her mystery books too and I didn't read them for eons for the same reason you didn't. Romance prejudice. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts