61. Body Double

Body Double by Tess Gerritsen
Fourth Jane Rizzoli book


Pages: 339
Finished: Mar. 30, 2008
First Published: 2004
Genre: thriller, mystery
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

That boy was watching her again.


Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Comments: Maura Isles returns from a conference to find a crime scene in front of her apartment building. The victim was shot in her car on the street. Everyone is shocked to find that the victim looks exactly like Maura and turns out to be a twin sister she didn't know she had. Maura sets off to follow her sister's footsteps and find out more about her as the police look for her killer. In the meantime, another crime is being committed as we get glimpses of a woman who is being held captive in a box underground. This is another fine entry in the series. A real page-turner that kept me guessing until the end. Maura and Jane seem to be sharing time as the main character now and I'm not sure if I like that as I much prefer Jane. At first I thought the twin sister angle was a bit far-fetched but the plot won me over quickly and I really enjoyed this one.

I just have two more to go in this series! I've been looking at Gerritsen's back catalogue and none of her romance or medical thrillers look very appealing to me but her latest book looks good, so I will be reading that, The Bone Garden.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You won VANISH! Check the A ~ Z Challenge blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first Gerritsen book and I promptly went out and got the rest of the series. But I haven't had the chance to read any yet. Egads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you are able to fit them in sometime soon. The Surgeon (book 1) is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts