Canadian Book Challenge Part 2

So, I signed up for the second Canadian Book Challenge ages ago and since it will be starting soon I thought I'd better get my post up for it. The challenge runs from July 1st 2008 - July 1st 2009. One year to read 13 books by Canadian authors or about Canada. I will not be making a list this year as I totally suck at sticking to a list. Instead I will read books as they appeal to me.

A few books I currently have on my bedside table that I hopefully will be reading within the next year are:

The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Inside by Kenneth J. Harvey (I won this during the 1st Can. challenge!)
Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
Stephen Fair by Tim Wynne-Jones
Obasan by Joy Kogawa (I've read the YA version based on this)
Who Has Seen the Wind by W.O. Mitchell (this will be a re-read)
The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence
Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci

Comments

  1. You know, I'm reading Crow Lake right now. It's surprisingly good. Very slow moving, but it works well that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts