181. When Twilight Burns


When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason
The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, Book 4

Pages: 354
Finished: Nov. 28, 2008
First Published: Aug. 2008
Genre: paranormal romance, historical romance
Rating: 3/5
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

First sentence:

Victoria opened her eyes.


Comments: There isn't a lot I can say about the plot of this book. If you haven't read the series so far any synopsis would give away information from previous books and if you are a fan of the series you will be reading this book no matter what the plot it. One thing I will say, though, is that the action is back in London, which I enjoyed after the previous two books had been placed in Rome.

The was a quick read and just as readable and fun as the prior books in the series. I am disappointed in the ending even though I did suspect right from the beginning what her romantic decision would be. I had hoped things would turn out differently. I'm also surprised at how tame the ending was. Every other book in the series ended with a shattering blow to the story line with something totally unexpected happening. This one didn't have that and the book just kind of ended on a 'so what' note for me. Of course that won't stop me reading the final installment due out in 2009. I'm addicted to the characters and this series and can't wait to find out how it all ends in the last book.

Comments

Popular Posts