Book Awards II Challenge - Finished

Book Awards II Challenge (10 books Aug1-June1, 2009)

I just finished this challenge today. It feels like so long ago that I started it. I've read so many books since Postmortem. I made up my list as I went along which I enjoyed doing. It was fun finding out a book had won an award that I was not aware of. I enjoyed the challenge last year as well as this year so I plan on joining III if there is one, next year. Fun challenge. Thanks to Michelle for hosting.

Here are the books I read:


10. Laika by Nick Abadzis Eisner Award
9. The Doll People by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin Maud Hart Lovelace Award
8. Louis Riel by Chester Brown Harvey Award
7. The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare Scott O'Dell Award
6. The Line Painter by Claire Cameron Northern Lit Award
5. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan Bellwether Prize
4. The Birchbark Tree by Louise Erdrich WILLA Award
3. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale Samuel Johnson Award for Nonfiction
2. The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting Newbery Medal
1. Postmortem by Patricia Cromwell Macavity Award, 1st novel

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing the challenge! Ever since your review I've had Mr. Whicher on my list--hopefully I can get my hands on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you get a chance to read it. I still think about how good that book is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing. Hope you join Book Awards III as well. I'll announce in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3m - I'll be there! It's become a tradition, wouldn't miss it for the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts