June Wrap-up

This month my reading went back up a bit though I'm still not 100% pleased with the numbers. I read 16 books this months which way better than last month but I'd like to see me get back up to around at least 19. I know what my problem is too. I'm spending way too much time on the computer again! I've got to cut back on that, somehow.

So here are the books I read this month

June: 16
102. Starfinder by John Marco (4.5****)
103. The House of Power by Patrick Carman (4.5****)
104. Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin (4****)
105. Don't Call Me a Crook!: A Scotsman's Tale of World Travel, Whisky, and Crime by Bob Moore
106. Rivers of Fire by Patrick Carman (4****)
107. Zamora's Ultimate Challenge by M.K. Scott (3***)
108. The Dark Planet by Patrick Carman (4.5****)
109. Werewolf versus Dragon by David Sinden, Matthew Morgan, Guy Macdonald (3.5***)
110. Neil Armstrong is My Uncle & Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty Told Me by Nan Marino (3.5***)
111. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (5*****) FAVOURITE Book of the Month
112. The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nona Bannister (3***)
xxx. Zinc Alloy vs. Frankenstein
xxx. Eek & Ack vs the Wolfman
113. Science Fiction Classics by Tom Pomplun
114. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong (4****)
115. Jed Smith: Trailblazer of the West by Frank Latham (3.5 ***)
116. Oracles of Delphi Keep by Victoria Laurie (4****)
117. The Jumping-Off Place by Marian Hurd McNeely (4.5****)

As far as movies were concerned it has not been a movie month for me. Dh and ds did go see the new Transformers movie at the theatre but it was guys night out so no mums allowed. This is all I managed to see.

June: 3

30. Seven Pounds (2008) (borrowed from library) - not really a lot to say. They take an awful long time to getting around to letting you know what's going on but as soon as they give a hint we had the whole thing figured out and basically it's a pretty slow story that I never connected with any of the characters. I don't know how we're supposed to feel for Smith's character but suicide is never admirable and I had no sympathy for him. Dh enjoyed the movie more than I did, though not much . Won't say I didn't like it but don't go running out to buy this one.

(#)31. Facing the Giants (2006) (live viewing at a church) - an absolutely inspirational movie! A down and out football coach at a Christian High School has lost 6 years in a row and finds out he is going to be fired. His home life is full of problem after problem as well, mostly money related, as his marriage is strong but is being tried as they have not conceived in 4 years of trying. Well things just keep going down from there until the one day he hits personal rock bottom and decides to give his life to the glory of the Lord and he convinces his team to do this to. They start playing games, not just to win, but for the Lord. They decide to praise Him when they win and praise Him when they loose. From there on in the mystery of the Lord is at work and what a feel good movie this is. I felt myself saying Amen throughout. If you've ever been down and out and had one of those moments when you've prayed and given it up to the Lord, you'll know exactly how hard that is to do and how beautiful it is to see Him at work in your life.

32. The Dark Half (1993) (borrowed from eldest son) - I don't think I've seen this movie before, at least it didn't seem familiar as I watched it. Of course, I've read the book which is better by far. Kind of a cheesy movie. Kept me entertained but nothing special, certainly not scary, but kinda fun. Fun to watch Timothy Hutton again. Reminds me of wanting to see Taps again some day (oh how I loved that movie) but my library doesn't have a copy of it.

And that was my June in books and movies!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! You did great. I didn't do nearly as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh 16 books! I read a measly 4 this month. :(

    I've heard good things about Seven Pounds, but I haven't had a desire to see it--you've kind of confirmed those feelings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The computer is a time eater, isn't it? I can relate to that.

    I haven't yet seen Seven Pounds, but I would like to despite its not getting many positive reviews. It's somewhere on my Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great month! Hope July treats you well. :)

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts