End of the Month Wrap-Up

August is over! Boy, it seemed like a really long month to me but on the other hand I can't believe summer's over and fall is just around the corner. My favourite season of the year is soon upon us and we can feel it in the air the last couple of days, though they've been forecasting warmer weather for the rest of the week. I'm happy to say I read 21 books again this month, same as July. I like to keep it at 19+, so am pleased with the results.

First thing I'm going to do for the end of August is tidy up my challenges and officially close up two challenges that have ended that I'm still signed up for and that would be the Christopher Moore Challenge which never really had hardly anyone sign up for it in the first place and it is way over now. I do intend on working on reading all his books myself anyway. Secondly, is the Cardathon, I had intended on reading the rest of the Enderverse books which I hadn't read yet and I did read two books First Meetings in the Enderverse & Shadow of the Hegemon but in that time Mr. Card also published two new Ender books so I'm hardly ahead of the game. The Challenge is over and no one is posting to the blog any more so I'm officially calling it a day and will get to the rest of Ender's books on my own time along with the rest of Orson Scott Card's backlist some day in the future.

That leaves me with 3 challenges on the go Canadian, RIP and Random plus the perpetual ones as seen in my side bar. So now it's time to pick September's Random Reading Book. I am using random.org to pick a book from my backlog of arcs. Off I go to select my book .... and the winner is ..... #89. The Demon's Lexicon by Sara Rees Brennan. Oooo. Great random pick! With a theme of demons, it qualifies for the RIP challenge too! Yeah!

My movie/dvd watching this month was zilch again. What can I say? I just don't watch TV in the summer.

Now finally onto the list of books read this month.

August: 21 (not counting DNF's or XXX's)
DNF. Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk
139. Undone by Karin Slaughter (5*****)
140. The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine (4.5 ****)
xxx. Billy Blaster: Ice Caves of Pluto by David Orme
xxx. Billy Blaster: Mind Thief by David Orme
141. Rapacia: The Second Circle of Heck by Dayle E. Basye (3.5 ***)
142. Fables: March of the Wooden Soldiers by Bill Willingham (5*****)
143. The Dragon's Pearl by Devin Jordan (4****)
144. Riding Freedom by Pam Munoz Ryan (5*****)
145. Free Agent by Jeremy Duns (4.5****)
146. Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo (5*****)
147. Catholicism for Dummies by Rev. John Trigilio Jr., PhD, ThD (4.5****)
xxx. A Ghost Named Fred by Nathaniel Benchley (3.5***)
148. The Last Dickens by Matthew Pear (3.5***)
149. Classic Myths to Read Aloud: The Great Stories of Greek & Roman Mythology by William F. Russell (5 *****)
150. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (4****)
151. Wisconsin Death Trip by Michael Lesy (4.5****)
152.Mercy Watson Goes for a Ride by Kate DiCamillo (5*****)
153. Mercy Watson Fights Crime by Kate DiCamillo (3***)
154. Mercy Watson Princess in Disguise by Kate DiCamillo (4****)
155. Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig by Kate DiCamillo) (3.5***)
156. The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan (5*****)
(FAVOURITE BOOK OF THE MONTH)
157. Haunted by Barbara Haworth-Attard (4.5****)
158. Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay (4****)
159. Mercy Watson Something Wonky This Way Comes by Kate DiCamillo (3.5***)

Comments

  1. Glad to hear The Day the Falls Stood Still was your fave of the month. I'll be reading it soon, and I haven't seen anything but glowing reviews. Great month!!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts