Hiccups for Elephant - Hello Reader!

Hiccups for Elephant by James Preller. Illustrated by Hans Wilhelm (Canada) - (US)
Hello Reader! Level 2

Finished: Jan. 27, 2010
First Published: 1994
Genre: children, easy reader
Rating: 4/5

First sentence:

It was naptime.


Acquired: Bought and own a copy.

Reason for Reading: My son read aloud to me. I chose this book because I wanted something he could read in one sitting this day.

Comments: Elephant has the hiccups and his friends each tell him a sure fire way to get rid of them. He tries each way and none of them work until Mouse's suggestion. But with the hiccups gone, the book ends with a surprise twist. Honestly, I didn't expect much from this book but was pleasantly surprised with the fun time we had reading it. At this reading level, the book is well written, engaging and funny. Ds particularly found one scene hilarious and he had me read it in unison with him three times before we continued on with the story. The ending is funny and I recommend it to beginning readers.

Comments

Popular Posts