Feb. Wrap Up: Books Read, Movies Watched

I'm pleased with this month's reading. Even though it was the shortest month of the year, I'm up to 19 books read. (This is average for me, 18-20). I also managed to get some movie watching done, some with the whole family. We've been taking advantage of the bi-weekly Tuesday Night at the Movies that our local library puts on (for free!).

Books read in February:
green were either read aloud to the 9yo or he read them aloud to me. xx don't count towards number read.

February: 19
xx. The Story of Old King Cole by Daphne Doward Hogstrom (5*****)
18. My Word is My Bond, The Autobiography by Roger Moore (3.5***)
19. Burn by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy (4****)
20. Angel: After the Fall, Volume 1 by Joss Whedon & Brian Lynch (5*****)
21. The Dragon Book edited by Jack Dann & Gardner Dozois (4****)
22. Miss Hargreaves by Frank Baker (4.5****)
23. Defenders of the Scroll: History, Legend and Lore by Shiraz (4****)
24. Saint John Bosco and the Children's Saint, Dominic Savio by Catherine Beebe (4****)
25. Fables: The Good Prince by Bill Willingham (5*****)
26. Gone by Lisa McMann (3***)
27. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (4.5****)
28. Angel After the Fall: First Night by Joss Whedon & Brian Lynch (4****)
29. Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism by Scott & Kimberly Hahn (5*****)
xx. My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete & Ryan Elizabeth Pete (4****)
30. An Irish Country Girl by Patrick Taylor (4****)
xx. Big Max by Kin Platt (5*****)
31. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (5*****)
32. A Kid for Two Farthings by Wolf Mankowitz (4****)
33. Alexander Graham Bell: An Inventive Life by Elizabeth MacLeod (4****)
34. A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee (5*****)
35. Copper by Kazu Kibuishi (2.5**)
36. Children of the Sea Vol. 2 by Daisuke Igarashi (4.5****)

Movies/DVDs watched in February:

(#) included the 9yo

February: 4

(#)5. Spider-Man 3 (2007) (own) (re-watch) - Watched this before, but this time we watched with the 9yo. I find this one way too lovey dovey and focused on the romantic story. I just don't like MJ from the comics, so I don't like her in the movies even though she's different moviewise. I like my super hero movies to be about the good guys fighting the bad guys, no kissy stuff. Anyway Sandman is totally awesome in this movie! I could watch his scenes over and over again. Anyway, like the movie but it's not my favourite of the three. (Canada) - (US)

(#)6. Old Dogs (2010) (live viewing at the library) - So this movie isn't going to win any awards by oh my goodness! it has been a long time since a movie made me laugh so hard as this. The plot was all over my son's head but there was plenty of kid action and slapstick comedy that had him laughing almost as hard as the adults. If I was rating these things I'd give 5 stars, just because it made me laugh so much, I'm not the easiest person in the world to make laught. But with Robin Williams and John Travolta in a movie you can't go wrong. The episodes at the golf course and at the zoo are priceless! (Canada) - (US)

7. The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009) (live viewing at the library) - very funny but ... uh ... weird. George Clooney is always a treat to watch. But ... weird movie ... definitely funny though. Never heard of it before I went to see it. (Canada) - (US)

(#)8. Star Wars (1977) (re-watch) (own) - I've seen this movie so many times I couldn't tell you the number but saying a hundred must be pretty close to the truth. We've decided the 9yo is old enough to watch these movies now. I loved it just the same, looking forward to my favourite scenes and my favourite quotes. Ds had his friend over who has all sorts of Star Wars toys and a video game but hadn't seen the original movie before so he was all excited seeing things he's seen and heard from his game. My main roll this time was fielding questions from the kids, telling them who people were (those are the Jawa) and saying "shh" just wait and see a good part is coming up. I'll never tire of watching this. And now our future at home movie watching will continue on with the rest of the series. (Canada) - (US)

Comments

Popular Posts