DNF. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith. Adapted by Tony Lee. Illustrated by Cliff Richards (Canada) - (US)

Pages: 176
Ages: 18+
Finished: DNF
First Published: May 4, 2010
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Genre: graphic novel, humour, horror
Rating: DNF




First sentence:

It's a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.


Acquired: Borrowed a copy through Interlibrary Loan.

Reason for Reading: This was a Cybils '10 nominee and as a panelist for Graphic Novels was required reading for me. The panelists did not receive a review copy from the publisher I, unfortunately, was unable to find a copy before our nominations were due. My copy from Interlibrary Loan request had just now come in.

I'm not a Jane Austen fan. I haven't read this novel. However, I do like zombies and thought the graphic novel of this might be fun. I was wrong. The pages are unnumbered so I don't know how many pages I did read, but it wasn't all that much, before I just couldn't go on any longer as it was just plain stupid. Plus the artwork is atrocious. The drawings look like they haven't been finished, I couldn't tell any of the women apart, and every page looks like it was Xeroxed on an old 1970's machine. 'Nuff said.

Comments

Popular Posts