Joyous Personal Info to Share

Hey Guys! As you've guessed I'm not too big on blabbing about my personal life here on my blog. Sometimes I'd like to more but it's just not the kind of person I am. However, I would like to share some very special news with you, my long-time readers who have become friends and new readers I hope to get to know better in the coming months.

This month, on Jan. 29, I am getting MARRIED. Yes, that's right. As some of you may know a few years back, as a family we converted to Catholicism. My dh and I have not been married in a church plus I am divorced from a disastrous marriage in my youth. Since my conversion, I have been going through the annulment process and am finally free to marry in the RCC Church. This month we celebrate our 16th anniversary and are so happy to be receiving the Holy Sacrament of Matrimony for the first (and only) time on this same occasion. So that we now will be joined together as one, through the Church, in the eyes of God with His blessings.

We will only have a small group of friends & family (about a dozen) and we are keeping things very simple. It's not about the wedding but about the Sacrament for us. However, with our priest's encouragement we have decided to get married during the Sat. evening mass we regularly attend which will cause a rather special mass for everyone. Father intends on surprising the congregation at the appropriate moment during the mass that a marriage is to take place. Of course, I've been running around the pews and telling my friends and asking that they make sure they are present that evening for sure, if possible. My 21yo son is going to be my Man of Honour, he's busing in from out of town, my Dad is flying in from Calgary, and dh's sister is flying in from Vancouver. We are very blessed to have these family members able to drop everything and make time to come out and celebrate the occasion with us!

Since this is such a Blessed, Holy, and ecstatic moment in my life, I wanted to share with you, my wonderful blog readers.

Comments

  1. Congratulations and all good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news. Best wishes for your special day and all the days that follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nicola! Your joy just shines through in this post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What special and exciting news! Congratulations, Nicola!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet and wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts