DVD Break: Grown Ups




Grown Ups - (2010) - (Netflix)
The story of about four dads and their still bachelor friend who come together for the funereal of their high school.  Someone who made a difference in their lives back then, someone who believed in them, and challenged them to be all they could be.  Fast forward 30 years and Coach would be proud of no-one.  Only one of them made it big financially, but he's created snobbish, self-indulgent children.  The others aren't all that proud of their stay-in-the-house all the time kids either.  So they gather their families together and go stay at a lakehouse where they used to party as teens and try to re-connect with their life, lost ambitions and their families, as they remember Coach.  The movie is actually a comedy but not my usual type of thing.  I do however like Adam Sandler (one of the very few comic actors I like) so often enjoy his movies.  It also has a star-studded cast with co-stars Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, (a subdued) Rob Schneider and Salma Hayek.  This one had a few funny moments but I didn't really find the movie as a whole all that funny.  I wouldn't watch it again.  Hubby and I watched this together and this was his pick.  Next time I get to choose!!!

Comments

Popular Posts