Sunday Salon: Oct. 14, 2012



What happened since last Sunday:  Well I had an absolutely miserable reading week this week.  It took me the whole week to read Firestarter by Stephen King.  It was a re-read for me and I just never really got caught up in it.  I'm also having problems with my sleep again, sleeping too much that is.  So that certainly doesn't help with the reading because I keep falling asleep and waking up with a book closed somewhere near me or on the floor, having to find the last place I remember reading {sigh}.  This has to do with the autism and socialization; I get soo wasted whenever I socialize.

I went to a religious class last week and will be going once a week through Dec. We are watching Fr. Barron's Catholicism and discussing; it was really exciting and I enjoyed myself.  The Year of Faith started on Oct. 11 and I had joined up with an email service to read the Catechism over the year as Pope B16 has encouraged us to do this, this year.  That is going well and the readings are so short daily that it should be easy to keep up.  Each morning as I open my email, I go straight to the Catechism and read it before anything else!  Went out for breakfast with a couple of friends one morning; we always go out for coffee almost every day but it was nice to stay and have breaky for a change.

Hmmm.... I changed the background on my blog, that orange was driving nuts.  This one isn't very original but at least it's suitable.  I've received everything I ordered online for Christmas presents over the week and my closet is getting full.  I just have a short list of things to get my son and then I will be done with his.  Have made a list for everyone else and will try to coax the hubster into going shopping one day/evening this week so I can get some headway in that direction too.  My son went to Confession this weekend all on his own, for the very first time.  He didn't need any reminding of what to say or what to do or anything.  I was so very proud of him!  And I told him so too, Dad shook his hand.  We asked what his penance was and did it together with him.  Sat. night after Mass we went out for dinner and today ds has a friend over playing Wii. He very rarely has anyone over and he and his friend arranged this themselves!

Now onto the week in books: 

What I read last week (reviews to come)(links take you to amazon.com):
Graphic Novel: Sailor Twain by Mark Siegel
MG Novel: Captain Awesome vs Nacho Cheese Man by Stan Kirby
Graphic Novel: The Tower Chronicles: Geisthawk Volume 1 by Matt Wagner
Novel: Firestarter by Stephen King
Non-Fiction: The Impossible Rescue: The True Story of an Amazing Arctic Adventure by Martin W. Sandler
Collection: (review posted) The Circus Infinitus Stories Volume 1 by Ethan Somerville

What we watched last week:  We watched one episode on the next Batman: The Animated Series single disc. First three episodes of Fr. Barron's Catholicism.

What I posted last week (links take you to my reviews/posts):
Graphic Novel: Judge Dredd: Cry of the Werewolf by John Wagner & Alan Grant
DVD Break: Batman: The Animated Series: The Legend Begins
Graphic Novel: Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Meme: Top Ten Books of 2011
Short story: "The Return" by Edith Reveley
Graphic Novel: Graphic Classics: Halloween Classics edited by Tom Pomplun
Book Tour: Novel: Whirlpool by Eileen Enwright Hodgetts
Article: "The Man Who Walks on the Sky" by Shane Peacock
Collection: Circus Infinitus: Stories Vol. 1 by Ethan Somerville

What I plan to read next week (links take you to amazon):
CollectionCriminal Macabre: The Complete Cal McDonald Stories by Steve Niles
Non-FictionArn? Narn. by Bruce Meisterman
Graphic NovelGraphic Classics: Bram Stoker edited by Tom Pomplun
Magazine: Finish Somerset Studio Magazine Sept/Oct. 2012
YA Novel: Becoming Holmes by Shane Peacock
Graphic Novel: Last Days of an Immortal by Gwen de Bonneval
MG Novel: Bookweirdest by Paul Gannon

Until next Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts