380. The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox by Gemini Adams

The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox by Gemini Adams.
Unplug Series, 1

Rating: (4/5)

(Kindle) - (US) - (Canada) - (UK)

May 24 2013, Live Consciously Publishing, 146 pgs

Age: (16+)

"Introducing THE FACEBOOK DIET, the first in The Unplug Series — a collection of seriously funny books for technology addicts, geeks and the overly wired world!

This Mom’s Choice® Gold award-winner features 50 hilarious cartoons that complete the question, “You know you’re a Facebook addict when…?” award-winning author and illustrator, Gemini Adams, offers a tongue-in-cheek look at the most idiotic, embarrassing and cringe-worthy behaviours of our social media excess."

Received a review copy from the author.

This sounded fun before I received it and I knew the perfect person to gift this to, but once I had a brief flip through I wasn't sure what it was going to be like.  So as I sat down to read it I was pleasantly pleased to find myself having an amusing half-hour or so.  The art isn't exactly my cup of tea but the humour definitely is and while not all the comics were funny to me, the majority of them gave me at least a smile if not a giggle.  The book begins with an introduction which is written in a flippant style but is actually quite informational in content about the amount of time people waste on the Internet, the part of real-life Facebook has become and then social media's downfalls in general.  After the comics comes a final text section with things to do instead of going on Facebook; these ideas are mostly useful, sometimes humorous and occasionally just silly.  A fun book.  Will make a good gift for the Facebook addict in your life and would be fun to have set out as a coffee table book.

Comments

Popular Posts