Iris Brave by Ali B

Iris Brave by Ali B

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Soul Jumpers (Book 1)

I really enjoyed this intriguing middle grade fantasy. I found the plot to be quite unique and compelling, making for a quick read. The focus of this volume is on Iris and builds up to the reveal at the conclusion so, unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of the paranormal actually happening here, or at least that we are let in on yet. This was the problem I had with the book, that it ended just as the plot was getting to the exciting part! It felt like I'd read only half a book. Otherwise, I really enjoyed Iris, finding her to be a fun and captivating character that I cared about. Her actions were a bit beyond believability but honestly, her impulsive behaviour just made her more endearing to me. So, a good, fun, quick read that ended way too soon and now I'm picking up the second volume so I can find out what's going to happen!



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts