To This Day: For the Bullied and Beautiful by Shane Koyczan



To This Day: For the Bullied and Beautiful by Shane Koyczan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An illustrated version of the poem by Canadian spoken word artist Koyczan, which went viral in 2013. Even for a non-appreciative poetry person like myself, I found the poem to be well-written and inspiring towards the anti-bullying movement. Each double spread contains a line of poetry and is illustrated by a different artist. I've only heard of a couple of the artists but I'm really impressed with the artwork which provides a variety of styles and yet is cohesive when placed together. I'd say I like the art better than the poem as that is where my enthusiasm personally lies. However, this is a great book, suitable for mid-elementary and up and most definitely should be a library staple and a classroom resource.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts