Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay

Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 512 pages
Published September 4th 2012 by Doubleday Canada
Source: Publisher


Barclay does it again! Double whammy at the end left me speechless. Truth be told this was a slow starter. I enjoyed the story but was wondering when the "thriller' part would start and pick up the pace, then things got going and I was along for the ride but really only felt Barclay was dishing out a reasonable three star story here. Loved the characters and he told of a very empathetic caring family with one grown son having serious but manageable mental issues. These were characters I truly liked. The mystery/thriller plot was good, but I felt one step ahead of things, nodding my head, knowing where this was going ... until the end. When Wham! it's not who I thought it was or even who I thought it might be! And again, Wham! Last page, get ready for the uneasy final answer just when you thought it had all been solved. I just love it when he does that!




Comments

Popular Posts