The Night Bell by Inger Ash Wolfe

The Night Bell by Inger Ash Wolfe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 400 pages
Published August 9th 2016 by Pegasus Books
Source: egalley via edelweiss

Hazel Micallef Mystery (#4)


It has been so long (4 years) since the last book in this series came out that I had forgotten the detective and past events. Once started, though,I remembered how much I loved the previous three as this was an awesome book. Page-turning read that took me two evenings to read. Fantastic characters and the events of the past books are spoken of slowly throughout the book, so everything came back in place for me. A couple, perhaps three, cases going on here which are not really related but in a way they are. I hope that sounds cryptic. When Hazel was a young teenager a girl she barely knew, a few years older, disappeared. A new gated community is being built now complete with wave pool and two golf courses but it is stuck in production and a few murders occur and finally what brings coherence to the whole plot the fact that bones (burnt and hacked) of young boys have been found in the field where the second golf course is supposed to go, which is directly behind the now abandoned Dublin home for boys, an orphanage. Not a gruesome story but a creepy one that keeps you glued to the pages. I just hope the next book doesn't take 4 more years to publish!


Comments

Popular Posts